Moving can be a stressful time and packing up your belongings can be a daunting task. Whether you are moving into your first home or across the country, these packing tips will help you to get organised and ready for the big day:
1. Start early – One of the most important things you can do when preparing for a move is to start early. Don’t wait until the last minute because it will only make things more difficult than they need to be.
2. Use boxes and packing supplies – Boxes come in all shapes and sizes so it’s best to find ones that fit your belongings well without being too big or small. You also want to make sure that they are strong enough so they won’t break when you put items inside them during the move
3. Label everything clearly – Labelling all of your boxes will help ensure that nothing gets mixed up at any point during transport so that no one has any trouble finding what they need once everything arrives at its destination safely
4. Packing Order – Pack clothes into boxes first, then shoes, then miscellaneous items like books or lamps last (so they don’t get crushed). Then stack these boxes on top of each other in descending order: heaviest box at the bottom and lightest box on top! This will help keep everything balanced during transport so nothing tips over or gets damaged during transit
5. Make a list to save time later – Make a list of everything you need to pack and make sure you have it all.
6. Declutter – Get rid of any excess items that you don’t need or use regularly.
7. Bedding and Essentials – Put the things you’ll need first (like bedding) in the back of your car, so that they’re easy to unload first when you arrive at your new place.
Hope you found these tips useful, if you need any more help or would like a moving quote, just call us on 01905 935 123