In this article we explore some common questions asked about house moves:
How do I choose a removal company?
When you’re looking to hire a removal company, you need to be sure that the company is well-equipped with the tools and knowledge needed to get the job done right. Here are some tips for choosing a removal company:
- Check their reviews: A good place to start is by looking at Google reviews from previous clients
- Ask about insurance coverage: The safety of your belongings is incredibly important, so you’ll want to make sure that your moving company has appropriate insurance coverage in case something goes wrong during transit.
- Choose a local company: If you’re moving to a new town or city you’ll want to find a company that has experience moving people from that specific area.
- Experience matters: Look for removal companies that have experience with your type of move. If you have antiques or fragile items that need special care during transportation for example, make sure the company has experience handling them.
How much will it cost to move?
Many removal companies such as MGP Transport offer a range of packages to suit different budgets. These normally range from a simple lift and go service, through to a fully managed complete removal service where the old house is completely packed and everything put up, assembled and and arranged in the new house.
To check out our packages CLICK HERE
Should I get a removal company or do it myself?
Moving can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be.
When you’re thinking about whether or not to hire a professional moving company, here are some questions to ask yourself:
How long will it take me? How much time do I have? Do I have the right equipment?
Do I have access to a van? How far am I moving? Do I have enough help for heavy lifting? Am I willing to risk damage to my property?
Once you’ve answered these questions, we recommend doing it your self if you have the time effort and resources. However even if can do it yourself you have the budget then why not let a removal company take care of the move whilst you focus on other important areas and let them take the stress away.
How should I pack?
Here are some tips on how you can pack your belongings:
1) Buy packing materials such as tape, bubble wrap and boxes. If possible, buy the ones made from recycled materials so that you can help the environment by minimising waste.
2) Start with smaller items first, such as books and other fragile items like glass figurines or vases etc. These should be packed in boxes first before placing them inside another box which has been wrapped in bubble wrap or packing paper for added protection against bumps and bruises during transportation from one place to another.
3) Next comes larger items like furniture; these should be wrapped in protective films or sheets for added protection against damage during transportation from one place to another.
4) Finally comes heavier items like appliances; these should be carefully lifted and strapped securely inside the removal vehicle while being transported from one place to another.
Should I declutter before I move?
When approaching a house move, the last thing you want to do is spend time decluttering your house.
However if you can find a way to do it, it’s definitely worth it. Why? Because decluttering will help you make more room in your new place for the things that matter most. It’ll also help curb any feelings of overwhelm or anxiety about having so much stuff to move and set up all over again.
And here’s another reason: If you’ve got a lot of stuff and don’t have room for it all in your new place, it will be harder to get rid of things once they’re there. So why not do it now?
If you have any other questions about moving, or would like a quotation, drop us a call on 01905 935 123